[Brazil] With the motto “Focused on Christ, let us live the Charism” 152 members of the Vincentian Family from 15 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean gathered together for Meeting VI of FAVILA (Vincentian Family of Latin America) with the valuable presence of Fr. Gregory Gay, Superior General and of Fr. Eli Chaves, Delegate for the Vincentian Family. We were warmly welcomed by the brothers and sisters of the Vincentian Family from Brazil, coordinated by the National Board of the Vincentian Family – Brazil, in the city of Aparecida, São Paulo, from April 17-22, 2012.
General Objective: Look for guidelines that unite us in the Vincentian Spirit and help us in our projects and activities as well in the organization and in the service of those who are poor.
1. Growing in our identity as a Family who shares the same Charism and Spirituality.
2. Strengthening our bonds for a better evangelization and service to those who are poor.
3. Sharing our journey in the Vincentian Family; helping each other with formation and service projects.
The VI Meeting of the Vincentian Family of Latin America happened in atmosphere of joy, fraternity, feast, reflections, liturgies and prayer services well prepared and celebrated. There were great conferences on:
1. The reality ofLatin America.
2. Systemic Changes.
3.Unionand collaboration in Saint Vincent de Paul and his contribution in his time and in ours.
4. Mary in the Vincentian Family.
Some workshops allowed us to know better the union and the collaboration lived by Saint Louise de Marillac, Blessed Rosalie Rendu and Blessed Frederic Ozanam. A very enriching dialogue with Fr. Gregory Gay, Superior General took place as well as a very significant moment of attending the “Way of Cross of the Poor” and visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, Patroness of Brazil.
- Intensify the formation in the spirituality common to all branches in all levels.
- Shift the paradigm of personal, group service projects.
- Be convinced that our branches need each other.
- Keep in contact using all available technology resources.
From the Final Document of the Meeting