Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation. (Mk 16:15)
Saint Louise de Marillac said that the Daughters of Charity are daughters of the Church, so they must live and act as daughters of such a Mother. Since the beginning, one of the concerns of our Foundress was the Christian formation of young people. She instructed the Sisters to organize groups of girls and young women in the parishes in order to teach them Catechism. Saint Vincent was also very attentive to the needs of the local Church and often sent his daughters to collaborate in the parishes.
Following in the footsteps of its Founders, the Company collaborates with the Catholic Church in its specific Mission of proclaiming the Gospel and of teaching Catechism. Jesus, Adorer of the Father, Servant of His Loving Plan, Evangelizer of those who are poor is the focus and the reference point for our Pastoral Ministry.
To accomplish this mission we are involved in:
- Parish ministry which involves: catechesis, RCIA programmes, sacramental preparation, liturgy, accompaniment of bereaved families, coordinating or supporting people in those parishes which do not have a resident priest, and visiting people in their homes, especially the house-bound
- Chaplaincy: visiting the sick in hospitals and the elderly in residential nursing homes
- School chaplaincy and chaplaincy to young people in a variety of situations
- Serving as chaplains to those “on the margins” in prisons, in the gypsy and travelling communities, migrants from the Fourth World and those abused by tourism
- Spiritual accompaniment of various groups and movements in the Church as well as groups belonging to the Vincentian Family (AIC, Conferences of St Vincent of Paul, Vincentian Marian Youth, etc)